Monday, September 10, 2012



Introduction
I am a graduate student in my final semester. I will graduate with an MS in Accounting and a concentration in Information Technology. It has taken a very long time since I only go to school at night. I cannot wait to wake up on a Saturday and be able to roll over and go back to sleep, if I want.  

I worked for over thirty years in the accounting field. I liked my jobs, but as soon as I learned all I could, I moved on to the next job. It was not until I took my first college class in 2003 that I realized exactly what it was for which I was looking. I needed to learn. I decided to get an Associated Arts degree in accounting and I have never stopped. I lost my job as general manager and accountant for a chain of shoe stores when the owners sold to a family that thought they could run the business themselves. I decided that I should find something I really liked while I got my degree. I wanted something other than accounting, because accounting leaves very little time for anything else. The first job to which the agency sent me was a secretarial position, and I am still there today. I was hired two months into the six-month, temporary assignment. I am worried about how hard it may be to get back into the accounting field.  

I hope this blog assignment will help me understand the importance of a blog. I read newspapers online and I see all of the blogs at the end of the articles. I always wonder if these people have nothing better to do. They seem to know each other and it appears as though they blog many hours a day. I hope this assignment does not subject me to the blogger fever. One of my goals after graduating is to step away from the computer and get back out into life.

No comments:

Post a Comment